Return to ForumsReply to Thread
'Best' Bra for C4

Lots of bugs here in Florida. I'd like to protect my C4 with a good front end cover/bra. I'm looking at Auto-Anything's web site and see the LeBra, Covercraft and Colgan brands. What have you used, liked, disliked?

Submitted by: Michael Ungerman

ReplyPosted By
I too reside in Florida. My recommendation is skip the bra and clean the bugs, as often as necessary. My experience is the "bra" will collect moisture and dirt, possibly discolor the paint and if not installed perfectly tight will beat your front end to death, especially at freeway speeds. With a good wax job the bugs can be removed easily, just don't leave them sit long as their acid can and will etch your paint. Good luck and save the wave. Wayne Wayne Achtzehn on 2/11/2013 7:39:01 PM
I purchased the following from Ecklers: Corvette Nose Mask, Mini, Covercraft, 1991-1996 SKU 20372. It was very easy to mount, easy to remove and very stable when driven. I drove from Wisconsin to Carlisle and back with it on, to prevent the expected bug build up. It worked great. Dean C Kaul on 2/11/2013 4:43:38 PM
We use this on our C5 here in Florida. Washable, stretchy stuff. Covers front end and mirrors. This is the info for ordering. 1984-1996 Corvette Stretch Fit Mask Set, includes Bumper & Mirror Masks, PN # 647-240 1984-96 from MidAmerica Motor Works. http://www.mamotorworks.com Larry Peregrine on 2/11/2013 1:38:00 PM
HI...I have a Colgan custom bra on my 1994 coupe. Easy to install and really looks good. My Vette is white and the bra is black.......... Dominic Miglio on 2/11/2013 1:05:51 PM
My advice to you is if you use any bra I would remove it each week and clean and wax underneath the bra or better yet don.t use one. William Maine on 2/11/2013 11:20:11 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread