Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Big Block Intake/Hood Clearance

I have a 69 big block with an aftermarket L88 hood and an Edelbrock Air Gap Intake/Holley Carb. I want to put a stock hood/wiper assembly back on the car but don't know which intake manifolds/carb/air cleaner will fit under the stock 427 hood. Will only the original setup work or are there alternatives that will also fit?

Submitted by: noah

ReplyPosted By
I had a '69 with 427; I put on a Weiand Stealth manifold and a big Demon carb - hood would not fit with almost any air cleaner. Summit racing solved the problem with a small triangular unit, do NOT get a foam one, unless you like fires! It will work! HAMMER in Hannibal, MO Richard L. Hammon on 2/11/2013 2:52:09 PM
It won't fit.If you have oval port heads you can use the the edlebrock trocker 11 intake it will fit.Also use a low profile air cleaner.If you need the intake I have one. Henry Callahan on 1/7/2013 1:28:38 PM
You might have to use the original set-up to fit the stock 427 hood. My experience with Edelbrock manifolds and Holley carbs usually requires a very low profile air cleaner and sometimes they still touch the hood. I have two big block C3s and they both have stock carbs and hoods. I also have two Chevelles. The Holley carb fits fine with the Edelbrock manifold on the '69 but won't fit on my '72 with the cowl induction hood. I hope this helps. Jerry Rebman on 10/28/2010 11:38:41 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread