Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Column Lock Bypass

I have a 02 Z06 with a column lock problem. After some research, I am going to install a CLB. There seem to be two brands - one from Covettes from Houston and another from Zip Corvettes. It looks like Zip's procedure calls for removing solenoid. I would think you can remove the solenoid with either bypass eliminator module (?). If you have installed a CLB, please let me know your thoughts on removing the selonid or not and if you can remove it with either bypass kit. All tips are welcomed. I am looking forward of driving the vette again (not a daily driver). Thanks, Ed Forman

Submitted by: Ed Forman

ReplyPosted By
My suggestion to this guy is for him to go to his local Chevrolet Dealer and talk about his issue. I've been the road of bypassses and some screw up the electronics. Anonymous on 11/3/2010 1:12:18 PM
I had the same problem with my 2001 - only worse; came out of my store at about 10:00 P.M. and my stearing column wouild not release. Took a cab home and back to work the next morning and had Vette flat-bed towed to my dealer. Mechanic suggested best option was to remove the solenoid and pull fuse to disable. To my knowledge there was no module required (only 50 bucks for the tow and another 150 for removial) If a thief can figgure oiut how to by-pass alarm and ignition lock, he's a lot smarter than I am. To replace solenoid is big bucks - entire steering cokumn has to come out. my car is my daily driver. good luck, richard burnett Richard Burnett on 10/26/2010 4:27:56 PM
Have you checked with the Dealer? I have had a 02 Z06 and now have a 03 Z06. Both were fixed by the Dealer. The service recall may still be an option? Leslie Wise on 10/26/2010 12:12:00 PM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread