Return to ForumsReply to Thread
reassemble headlight doors 1966

Is there any publication that will help me re assemble the headlight buckets. We stripped them for painting and I have purchased new bushing/seals and am looking to ger some guidance in the re assembly part of this project .Thanks Vic

Submitted by: Victor Bellan

ReplyPosted By
Hi, I have a copy of a '67 chassis service manual and a copy of GM Parts division Illustration Manual issued in 1975. I would be glad to send you a copy of information related to your issue from both publications. I did what you have done a few years ago and found the info I have was invaluable in reconstructing and re-assembling the headlight buckets. Please let me know via email if you are interested n these copies. My email is dbarkholz@hotmail.com. I own a '67 Vette and this info should apply to your application. Richard Barkholz on 8/3/2010 1:08:03 PM
This link at Mid America shows parts and an exploded diagram. C2 Corvette Assembly (or Headlight assembly) will find a number of links on Google. http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-c2-headlight-components+1963+1967-1-249-1253.html Be sure to hook up the limit switches on the motor housings. If yoiu don't your motor gears will eventually strip. Brad Bradley Suess on 8/3/2010 12:35:41 PM
Hi Vic, I'm restoring my Dad's '67, his NCOA membership # was transferred into my Mom's name, so until I get that fixed, it looks like I'm "Carol" :p I would recommend the "Chevrolet 1966 Chassis Service Manual" (Section 12-8 for headlights in the '67 manual, may be different for '66) and the "Corvette Shop Manual". I have an old 1966-1974 version, I believe the current version covers 1966-1982. Both of these books should be available in re-print from most of the Corvette parts vendors, and on the NCRS Forum bookstore, both hard-copy and on CD. I prefer finding an old used copy in nice condition, there are many first printings (or at least early printings) out there, and the pictures/diagrams/text seems noticeably clearer on early printings than the more recent re-prints. The archives of the online Forums (Corvette Forum, NCRS Forum and others) have been extremely valuable resources as well. Good luck, Scott P.S. I also recommend the GM 1966 Corvette Assembly Manual (AIM), available at all the usual Corvette vendors in print or on CD (older print versions on eBay or used book stores). It will have a section detailing every single part name and part number for everything related to your headlight assembly. Carol Smith on 8/3/2010 12:26:22 PM
Vic, You can try the Chilton's Repair Manual and also there is a Haynes Repair Manual for 68-82 Vette. You may also try tech support from Corvette Fever magazine for some info, they have a tech support area for mostly all vintages. Hope this helps. bobctm3 on 8/3/2010 11:44:12 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread