Return to ForumsReply to Thread
All 4 Tire Sensors Failed at Same Time & Won't Reset

We put new tires on our 2004 Convertible and shortly thereafter all 4 tire sensors quit working. Now we constatly get notice of failure in information center. Have used a strong magnet on other C5's to reset the sensors but several attempts have failed for this car. Everything else works, both key fobs work and we are stumped. The tires are OEM replacements. Any suggestions?????

Submitted by: Anonymous

ReplyPosted By
The same Thing Happened To My 2001, Icould not believe All Four sensors Failed at The same time, I Spent A Lot Of Money trying To Find Something Else Wrong. I Put Four New Sensors In And Everything Started Working Fine Keith McCarty on 6/3/2010 6:50:18 PM
Although I don't own any new Corvettes, (all of mine are C-3), I've heard of the tire pressure sensor problem. If it's like other cars the sensor has an internal battery which fails. I've heard that the wheel sensor should be replaced when the tires are replaced. One some sensors the battery can be replaced and on others the entire sensor must be replaced. I hear that the useful life of the sensor is about 5 years. I'd call the Chevy dealer and get the real story. Don't rely on your local tire dealer for the latest information. Jerry Rebman on 6/3/2010 12:20:44 PM
If you have a Dealer with Corvette Techs I'd strongly suggest you take it there for some professional help. Quite frankly I have changed tires several times and haven't had your problem that's why I'm suggesting you take it to a Corvette dealer or Corvette Specialty shop. Don't screw around with anybody who doesn't know what to do. Always ask first. If you have a Corvette Club in your area it's always good to ask a member for help they usually can eliminate a lot of stress trying to find someone to work on you Vette. Believe me I've been there. Thomas Svoboda on 6/3/2010 11:30:02 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread