Return to ForumsReply to Thread

Submitted by:

ReplyPosted By
I think the previous response is right on when he suggested a fuel starvation problem. First I would try what he suggested and go for the easy stuff first and keep your fingers crossed while doing it. If you haven't checked for a vacuum leak make sure you do, there is about 100 miles of vacuum line and any leaks will affect your performance/acceleration. If you test everything and the problem persists, then, and I hate to tell you this, you will have to drop your tank to get at the fuel pump. 82 was a unique year for the C3 because it is the only year with an in tank fuel pump. The internal fuel pump has a "rubber" pick-up line in the tank that can ware out and collapse when the pump is running. At idle and lower or steady speeds it can supply enough fuel, but it can't handle heavy flow anymore such as your scenario. Remember, a fuel pressure test can be deceiving, it may be able to reach the correct pressure but it may not be handle that pressure with high demand of flow. Hope that helps. Thomas Northcott on 4/19/2010 10:36:41 AM
Could be something as simple as a clogged fuel filter. Always check the cheap and easy things first. With all the adatives that fuel has these days clogged injectors don't happen as much, but if the filter is good I would try some cleaner and then look at the pump flow and PSI. Sounds like fuel stravation under acceleration. Also check air filters and mass flow sensor. If fuel is good, I would next look at the ignition. Good luck Mark Kuhlmann on 4/19/2010 8:10:51 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread