Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Extended Warranty

I own a 2004 coupe with 46,889 miles on the odomoter- when I purchased my Vette in May of 2007 it had 36,240 miles on it and I elected to extend the coverage for an additional 24,000 or 24 mos. Currently my extended perior has expired and I would like to get the Major Guard Coverage or simular to continue coverage. Can anyone suggest who to contact reguarding my situation? Also, I have contacted various other agency's and they offer coverage, but there are restrictions- such as a 30 day waiting period and 1,000 miles, or a gas rebate of$500 with a 60 day waiting period and payback of $25 increments with $100 dollars proof of purchase-(come-on's). Hopefully someone has experienced this situation and can help- Thanks

Submitted by: James Marcinek

ReplyPosted By
I own a 2001, purchased an extended warranty from dealer, which ran out. I went in search to replace, but was unsuccessful, until I received an email from named "Access Warranty- FSC" out of Van Nuys, CA. Because of the low mileage on my Vette, I was able to purchase basically a new car warranty. Yes I had a waiting period, but my timing was great as my Vette is stored for the winter. I was a little pricy, but having $100 deductible and what could have very expensive repairs. I Haven't had to use yet and this is always the best way to rate a warranty. I was able to finance the balance. Hope this helps. Stewart Rappaport on 2/11/2010 9:11:50 AM
try penfed.org search warranty they offer 100.000 mile for around $1200 Edward Carafa on 2/7/2010 6:56:59 AM
Fichtner Chevrolet www.fichtnerchevrolet.com 202 Southeast 4th Street Laurel, MT 59044-3397 (406) 628-4618 best price on GMPP extended warranty got an extra 5 years on original warranty for less than $1300 2003 Z06 torch red jonathan_lytle@msn.com Jonathan Lytle on 2/6/2010 11:14:07 AM
JAMES, FORGET ABOUT THE GAS REBATE OFFER. I WAS GIVEN THE SAME GAS REBATE OFFER WHEN I BOUGHT MY 2008 CORVETTE AS PART OF THE NEGOTIATION PROCESS. TRYING TO GET THE REBATES IN THOSE INCREMENTS IS PAINFULLY SLOW AND FORCES YOU TO BUY YOUR GAS AT ONE BRAND. FURTHERMORE, THE CHECKS STOPPED COMING AFTER A TOTAL OF $50 AND WE WERE TOLD THAT THE WHOLE SCAM WENT BANKRUPT, SO BOTH I AND THE DEALSHIP (WHICH PURCHASES THESE GAS REBATES) GOT SCREWED. STAY AWAY FROM THAT OFFER. I ALSO HAVE A 6-YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY BUT HAVE NOT HAD TO USE IT SO FAR, SO I CANNOT HELP YOU MUCH WITH THAT. GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. JIM HARCHARIK MISTERCORVETTE@AOL.COM Jim Harcharik on 2/6/2010 11:11:08 AM
Currently GM will sell you an extra extended warrarnty on your car but it will be expensive. I have purchased several extended warranties from Hal Moses at Auto Warranty Services. Once you use it at the dealer I never had any problems. I purchase the 100% bumper to bumper and $0 deductible package. Phone Hal for information at 800-367-9444. www.Autowarranties.com Stan Waskiewicz on 2/6/2010 10:00:17 AM
James, I also own a 2004 and am having great fun with it. Since you have about 10,000 more miles on yours, I see you're having fun too! My advice to you would be to read all the fine print you can. Some time ago, I read this great article about buying cars, and it had a section in it about extended warranties, which I found to be very informative. http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ is the URS. Reading about this taught me lots of things about extended warranties that I didn't know about. Also recall, there's been some news stories lately about extended warranty companies getting endited! I bought one extended warranty years ago and was very unhappy with it. I hope this helps. Joe Joseph Razumich on 2/6/2010 8:44:47 AM
Extended Warranty This Chevrolet dealer is in Hammond, LA...ask for Jason Walter...800-417-5162 http://www.rossdowning.com/ou/hammond-chevrolet/ This Chevrolet dealer is in Montana...ask for Dennis.....he owns a 2004 Corvette convertible http://www.fichtnerchevrolet.com/ 406-628-4618, Ext 105 or dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com Dale Stover on 2/3/2010 8:49:59 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread