Return to ForumsReply to Thread
tire pressure displayed in dic

I had a low tire pressure msg in the drivers info center for low pressure right front. i added air and hit the reset. now i have a msg displaying pressure info for both front tires. i tried the reset but it doesn't clear the msg. what do i need to do to remove the msg and see my milage dislpyed as before. its a 2001 c5. thanks. bob c.

Submitted by: bobctm3

ReplyPosted By
I also have an 01 coupe and have seen this problem a few times, If I get both tires pressure within 2 Ibs. then reset the tire pressure message on the DIC, it clears the problem, or as stated before you could have a tire sensor going bad. Frank Frank Heiden on 12/3/2009 9:48:20 PM
Whenever I had low warnings, I usually drove it a few miles and warnings went away on their on. If vehicle sits for a week or longer, you will get low warnings all way around. I also have 09 ZO6 and get a low warning on a left rear always, but checking with guages indicates, not low! Sometimes, it is best to leave it alone, drive it and as they warm, will reset themselves and go back to your mileage display automatically. Try it. Member 7243 since 1976. G. Robinson Yvette G. Robinson on 12/3/2009 2:55:19 PM
I also have an 01 and I have had to replace one of my sensors. The problem is that they are battery powered and the battery will fail eventually. There is a learning procedure once you have replaced the faulty sensor. I have the repair manual and it outlines the procedure in detail. I use a strong magnet that car salesmen use to fasten temp plates to demo's. The basic procedure is you place the magnet on the left front wheel next to the valve stem then using the DIC it will tell you when to move to the next wheel. The dealer can do it but I am sure that it will cost! L Wise Leslie Wise on 12/3/2009 11:00:25 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread