Return to ForumsReply to Thread
Vette won't run

87 Coupe Ran out of fuel. Refueled now engine starts but won't continue to run. Shop manual says ECM not receiving pulses from distributer to continue power to the fuel pump. How to fix HELP Thanks

Submitted by: William Carey

ReplyPosted By
Skip Thanks for the reply Filters ok I get an error code that says the fuel pump is not receiving power because the ECM is not receiving a Pulse signal from the distributor What in the dist. produces the pulse to the ECM. Thats where ai think I should be looking. The running out of gas may be co-insidental. Thanks All William Carey on 9/28/2009 1:33:17 PM
William, Did you have to add 20+ gallons of fuel? If you needed to add less then the problem is something other than running the car totally out of fuel (it has a 20 gallon tank). Have you checked the fuel filter? When was it changed last? A restricted fuel filter may allow the car to start but not go. I am not sure where you are in the troubleshooting process but I always start with the simple things first. Skip Skip on 9/14/2009 11:37:41 AM

Return to ForumsReply to Thread